Allocation of £19,650
TARGET 1: To further develop the leadership, learning and teaching of Physical Education so that all children make good or better progress and lead healthy lifestyles
- To provide existing staff with training to help them teach PE and sport more effectively ensuring high expectations for all pupils.
- To provide specialist coaching through tailored PE sessions to develop staff subject knowledge in specialist sports.
- To review and refine our schemes of work for PE to ensure that pupils continue to apply and develop a broad range of skills.
- To improve the overall fitness, wellbeing and stamina of pupils through the Daily Mile.
- To create a robust programme for delivering remote PE and Exercise to individual children or whole bubbles who are self-isolating.
TARGET 2: To purchase new resources and replenish existing resources to ensure children have access to high quality equipment for Physical Education Lessons.
- The in-school TV channel / resource bank will be used by all staff to enhance the teaching of physical education.
- Teachers will use the TV channel / resource bank to provide a variety of physical activities in class.
- Following an audit of current stock, resources will be purchased to enable each year group bubble to fully access a broad range of sports so as to accelerate learning and progress.
- Our outdoor and adventurous activity challenges will be replenished and utilised more widely by all classes across school.
TARGET 3: To increase participation in competitive sport
- To actively participate in the Wilson Stuart Active Society so that children engage with actual and virtual competitions throughout the year.
- Encourage pupil participation in the Birmingham School games competitions
- To ensure that all children are given the opportunity to enjoy communication, collaborating and competing with each other (within year groups and across school)
- To signpost children and families to out-of-school events, activities and clubs
- To develop a programme of inter-house competitions within school.
TARGET 4: To develop a broad extra-curricular sports programme that contributes to pupils’ physical development, participation and achievement.
- Provide extra-curricular additional catch-up swimming sessions for upper KS2 pupils to ensure that all are able to swim a minimum of 25m competently.
- To encourage participation in Bikeability Level 1 and 2 for pupils in Year 6.
- To develop a range of after school sports clubs (post COVID) that increases levels of participation.
TARGET 5: To ensure children have access to a range of equipment that promotes physical activity throughout the day and across all break / lunchtimes.
- Ensure a range of equipment is available for break and lunchtimes so that All pupils are physically active and know how to keep themselves healthy.
- Ensure athletic tracks, rounders pitch, golf course and existing outdoor equipment including basketball hoops, trim trails and football goals are well maintained and fit for purpose.
- To provide specialist coaching at lunchtimes for tennis in the first instance but an increasing variety of sports (COVID dependent) across the year.
- All pupils’ in Year 4 and non-swimmers in Year 6 will have swimming lessons during the academic year 2020-2021. Outcomes in Year 6 for swimming in 2019-2020 can be found in the evaluation for last year.