What is Parent Council?
Parent Council has one common goal: to ensure the children at Hill West have the best possible experience at school.
All parents are welcome to join Parent Council’s regular meetings where key issues and ideas for development and improvement to the school as a whole are discussed with a member of the Headship Team in an open, frank and decisive way. Both parents and school staff are able to raise topics for discussion; it is very much a two-way forum.
How can I get involved?
Parent Council meet once per month and everyone is welcome to come along – please email email@example.com if you are interested in taking part or would like to raise a topic or idea for discussion. Dates of meetings are published on our termly events calendar.
Please note that Parent Council is not a mechanism for dealing with complaints or issues that affect individual children.
What are some of the topics that have been discussed?
- Safe and courteous parking
- School dinners
- KS2 dismissal arrangements
- Extra-curricular activities
- Daily Mile
- Mathletics and Reading Eggs
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
What have we achieved?
- Reviewed PSED Curriculum
- Eliminated congestion at end of day by improving dismissal arrangements
- Fundraising to purchase safe parking road signs
- Sale of second hand uniform to benefit parents
- Introduced the Daily Mile
- Homework appreciation and stickers
- Gained additional park land for Forest School activities
- Quality check the school menus and request changes
- Introduced work sharing evenings for parents